COVID-19 Code of Conduct
Our promise for a safe stay
Here at the Northern Lights Resort & Spa we are setting the new standards high, so our guests can feel safe and relaxed when visiting our Resort. Rest assured that the health and safety of our guests and our staff, is our #1 priority.
We are taking all appropriate protective measures recommended by the Yukon Workers Compensation Board and the Yukon Health Authorities and have created new standard operating procedures. This includes strict and thorough cleaning and sanitization of all touch-points and surfaces throughout the entire Resort and continual deep cleaning protocols.
Airport pickup / drop-off transfers
- Our airport shuttles are safe and we have reduced the numbers of guests in our shuttle vans during each transport to keep physical distance as best as possible in the vehicle. We ask to bring your own face masks for the transfers to the Resort and we also provide you with hand sanitizer before boarding the shuttle van.
- On arrival, our shuttle driver will meet you with a sign with your name at the gate and will show you to the baggage claim area. Once you have collected your luggage, the driver will meet you with the van at the curb outside the terminal in the designated pickup area.
- For the return transfer to the airport on your departure day, please meet your driver at the transfer time at the front of the Lodge.
Arrival and Staying at the Resort
- Check-in is safe and convenient. Your hosts will welcome you at the Resort in a safe manner and will give you a quick introduction in all procedures for a safe stay and will show you to your Chalet.
- We request all guests sanitize or wash their hands upon entering the main Lodge, the Spa and the Chalets. Guests can feel free to use a personal mask when staying at the Resort, however it is not mandatory. (Please come prepared).
- We ask you not to wear wet/dirty outdoor foot wear in the Main Lodge and the Chalets and we will provide sanitized slippers for your convenience. You can certainly bring your own indoor slippers/house shoes, also.
- Check-out is safe and convenient! Our checkout time is 10.00am and we ask you to vacate the Chalet latest at this time. With the enhanced cleaning and sanitizing protocols, our staff needs more time for the Chalet turn-over. For morning transfers to the airport, leave your Chalet at the confirmed transfer time and meet your shuttle at the front of the Lodge. If you have a later flight, we will store your luggage and you can spend the time until your transfer in the main lodge. If additional charges apply to your stay for not pre-payed services or if you like to add any gratuities for services, we will take them from the credit card provided and we will email your receipt.
- All Chalets have key-less door locks and the touch pad will be disinfected between guests.
- Payments are encouraged through Debit and Credit Card, only. We are not able to accept cash payments at this time. Gratuities for staff are welcome thru cards payment, also.
- All non-essential in-room elements have been removed for your safety.
- Please bring your own blankets for outdoor use on your patios or the viewing site if needed.
- Please bring your own books and games as our communal amenities are unavailable.
- Please note there will be only limited kitchenette items available in the Chalets. Additional items are available upon request.
- All our Chalets are individual accommodations separated from other Chalets and each has its direct outdoor entry without common or confined hallways.
- Restaurant venues have been appropriately spaced for seating with appropriate physical distancing.
- Our spectacular outdoor area with Lounge chairs and benches are set up for expanded physical distancing.
- The Northern Lights viewing area is set-up with separated viewing places for each Chalet for the required physical distancing.
Our Resort Health & Safety Measures and Protocols
- All Resort employees have been provided with appropriate PPE and they are trained to follow the guidelines as provided by authorities.
- Our team will be completing the Covid-19 symptom pre-screening and will not enter the Resort if exhibiting flu-like symptoms.
- Strict and thorough cleaning and sanitization of all high touch-points and surfaces have been implemented throughout the Resort which includes continual deep cleaning protocols.
Tours and Activities
- All our guided van tours are safe and we have reduced the numbers of guests in our vans during each tour to keep physical distance as best as possible in the vehicle. We ask to bring your own face masks for the tours and we also provide you with hand sanitizer before boarding the shuttle van.
- All our partner companies have safety protocols in place for their provided services ( dog sledding, snowmobiling etc. ) and the transfers to/from the activities.
- To minimize contact, housekeeping staff will not be permitted to enter your Chalet during your stay. Fresh linens, towels and additional room amenities are available upon request. Please let us know when you need to have trash removed and we will arrange it.
- Our regimented Chalet cleaning will continue to occur after each check-out, which includes strict deep cleaning and sanitization of all touch-points and surfaces.
Food & Beverage
- We still serve our meals for all guests at the same time but please note that there will be no indoor waiting area or lounge available until further notice as per the new guidelines. All Chalets will have the same table assigned during the stay for all meals.
- Our restaurant seating areas have been given appropriate spacing, creating a safer dining experience for all guests and staff.
- For the safety of all guests and staff, our food & beverage team members will not deliver any room service to your Chalets and will not enter your guest room.
Safe Northern Lights Viewing Experience
- Our Aurora viewing area is open but the Teepee with fire place is only available for small groups up to 4 people to allow safe physical distancing or 6 people who are already traveling together and belong to the same “bubble”. The guide will be on site to make sure guests will not miss any Aurora activity during the guided viewing time and will alert the guests when the Aurora is active. All guests are welcome on the viewing site during the guided hours but asked to keep the safe distance to other guests and staff. All guests will have an assigned viewing spot and will be asked to remain in their designated area. The guide will be taking photos and we will share them with you by email after checkout.
Our Spa Services
- Our outdoor jacuzzi, the gym, the saunas and exercise/yoga area is available to all guests but as we are operating under the new protocols accommodating the request for 6ft of safe distance between guests, space is limited and only guests of one Chalet or families/groups already traveling together are allowed to use the facilities at the same time. Staggered reservations will be in effect, including increased clean-up time between bookings to ensure our enhanced sanitation protocols are being met.
- We will be limiting available amenities that are high touch for guests. Décor items, beverage and snacks, magazines, brochures etc. will be removed.
- Massage room and massage treatments are available for guests. There will be no access to change room or lockers, please change already in your Chalet and use the robes provided to walk to the Spa. Bathroom facilities will remain open.
- We kindly ask that you check for your massage appointment no more than 5 minutes prior to your appointment time to minimize guest contact.
- We kindly ask guests to show up for their appointment unaccompanied by friends or family, unless they are here to provide medical support.
- Our team will welcome you upon arrival and navigate you directly to the waiting area or massage room in time for your scheduled appointment.
- All clients will be subject to a thorough pre-screening questionnaire at the time of booking, and this will be reiterated verbally at check-in prior to your appointment. General health intake forms and pre-screening will be completed with your spa service provider.
- We require all guests to cancel or reschedule their appointment if they are feeling ill, cancellation fees will be waived in this instance.
- Staggered massage bookings will be in effect, including increased clean-up time between bookings to ensure our enhanced sanitation protocols are being met and to minimize guest contacts.
We request all guests sanitize or wash their hands upon entering the main Lodge and the Spa area. Guests are recommended to use a personal mask when visiting the spa, however it is not mandatory. The use of the mask is mandatory for massage treatments, only. (Please come prepared).
We are looking forward to welcome you at the Resort and wish you a wonderful time in the Yukon and hope “Lady Aurora” will dance for you.
Renate & Wolfgang and Team Northern Lights Resort & Spa