COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
Our promise for a safe stay
Here at the Northern Lights Resort & Spa we are setting the new standards high, so our guests can feel safe and relaxed when visiting our Resort. Rest assured that the health and safety of our guests and our staff, is our #1 priority.
We are taking all appropriate protective measures recommended by the Yukon Workers Compensation Board and the Yukon Health Authorities and have created new standard operating procedures. This includes strict and thorough cleaning and sanitization of all touch-points and surfaces throughout the entire Resort and continual deep cleaning protocols.
Our re-opening plan follows the directions and requirements provided by the Chief Medical Officer of Health – Yukon, the Yukon Workers Compensation Board, Hotel Association of Canada and other authorities.
Important Resort facts
- All our Chalets are individual accommodations separated from other Chalets and each has its direct outdoor entry without common or confined hallways.
- Restaurant venues have been appropriately spaced for seating with appropriate physical distancing.
- Our spectacular outdoor area with Lounge chairs and benches are set up for expanded physical distancing.
- The Northern Lights viewing area is set-up with separated viewing places for each Chalet for the required physical distancing.
Our Resort Health & Safety Measures and Protocols
- Payments are encouraged through Debit and Credit Card, only. We are not able to accept cash payments at this time. Gratuities for staff are welcome thru cards payment, also.
- All Resort employees have been provided with appropriate PPE following the guidelines as provided by authorities.
- Our team will be completing the Covid-19 symptom pre-screening and will not enter the Resort if exhibiting flu-like symptoms.
- Strict and thorough cleaning and sanitization of all high touch-points and surfaces have been implemented throughout the Resort which includes continual deep cleaning protocols.
Shuttle Service and Staying at the Resort
- All our guided van tours and airport shuttles are safe and we have reduced the numbers of guests in our shuttle vans during each transport to keep physical distance as best as possible in the vehicle. We ask to bring your own face masks for the transfers/tours and we also provide you with hand sanitizer before boarding the shuttle van.
- Check-in is safe and convenient. Your hosts will welcome you at the Lodge in a safe manner and will give you a quick introduction in all procedures for a safe stay and will show you to your Chalet.
- We request all guests sanitize or wash their hands upon entering the main Lodge, the Spa and the Chalets. Guests can feel free to use a personal mask when staying at the Resort, however it is not mandatory. (Please come prepared).
- Check-out is safe and convenient! Leave your Chalet at the confirmed transfer time and meet your shuttle at the front of the Lodge. If additional charges apply to your stay for not pre-payed services or if you like to add any gratuities for services, we will take them from the credit card provided and we will email your receipt.
- All Chalets have key-less door locks and the touch pad will be disinfected between guests.
- All non-essential in-room elements have been removed for your safety.
- Please bring your own blankets for outdoor use on your patios or the viewing site if needed.
- Please bring your own books and games as our communal amenities are unavailable.
- Please note there will be only limited kitchenette items available in the Chalets. Additional items are available upon request.
- To minimize contact, housekeeping staff will not be permitted to enter your Chalet during your stay. Fresh linens, towels and additional room amenities are available upon request.
- Our regimented Chalet cleaning will continue to occur after each check-out, which includes strict deep cleaning and sanitization of all touch-points and surfaces.
Food & Beverage
- We still serve our meals for all guests at the same time but please note that there will be no indoor waiting area or lounge available until further notice as per the new guidelines. All Chalets will have the same table assigned during the stay for all meals.
- Our restaurant seating areas have been given appropriate spacing, creating a safer dining experience for all guests and staff.
- For the safety for all, our food & beverage team members will not deliver any room service to your Chalets and will not enter your guest room.
Safe Northern Lights Viewing Experience
- Parts of our Aurora viewing area remain temporarily closed and the Teepee with fire place is not available for guest use/gathering until further notice. Beverages and snacks will be not be provided. The guide will be on site to make sure guests will not miss any Aurora activity during the guided viewing time and will alert the guests when the Aurora is active. Guests are asked to stay in their Chalets or on their Chalet porch and not to gather without safe distancing on the viewing site until the guide alerts them. All guests will have an assigned viewing spot and will be asked to remain in their designated area. The guide will be taking photos and we will share them with you by email after checkout.
Our Spa Services
- Our outdoor jacuzzi, the gym, the saunas and exercise/yoga area is available to all guests but as we are operating under the new protocols accommodating the request for 6ft of safe distance between guests, space is limited and only guests of one Chalet or families/groups already traveling together are allowed to use the facilities at the same time. Staggered reservations will be in effect, including increased clean-up time between bookings to ensure our enhanced sanitation protocols are being met and to minimize guest congestion.
- We will be limiting available amenities that are high touch for guests. Décor items, beverage and snacks, magazines, brochures etc. will be removed.
- Massage room and massage treatments are available for guests. There will be no access to lockers. Bathroom facilities will remain open.
- We kindly ask that you check for your massage appointment no more than 5 minutes prior to your appointment time to minimize guest congestion.
- We kindly ask guests to show up for their appointment unaccompanied by friends or family, unless they are here to provide medical support.
- Our team will welcome you upon arrival and navigate you directly to the waiting area or massage room in time for your scheduled appointment.
- All clients will be subject to a thorough pre-screening questionnaire at the time of booking, and this will be reiterated verbally at check-in prior to your appointment. General health intake forms and pre-screening forms will be completed with your spa service provider.
- We require all guests to cancel or reschedule their appointment if they are feeling ill or have a family member who is confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19. Cancellation fees will be waived in this instance.
- Staggered massage bookings will be in effect, including increased clean-up time between bookings to ensure our enhanced sanitation protocols are being met and to minimize guest congestion.
- We request all guests sanitize or wash their hands upon entering the main Lodge and the Spa area. Guests are recommended to use a personal mask when visiting the spa, however it is not mandatory. (Please come prepared).