Amended COVID-19 Terms & Conditions
Northern Lights Resort & Spa is committed to monitoring and amending our approach to travel, providing our guests both flexibility and security.
These set of terms is replacing any previous release on COVID-19 terms & conditions and are applicable from November 8, 2020 on. They remain in place until December 31, 2020 or such time as the World Health Organization declares the pandemic over, or restrictions impacting travel from/to and in Canada and the Yukon Territory or the origin countries of the guests are lifted. Once these conditions are removed, any decision still to travel and proceed with the booking at Northern Lights Resort & Spa or made under the auspices of these terms and conditions would be replaced by Northern Lights Resort & Spa’s standard terms and conditions – Click here.
Our revised terms and conditions below apply to all bookings at Northern Lights Resort & Spa, only. The terms and conditions of our partner properties/tour operators/airlines and how they are applied remain at the partner’s sole discretion.
ALL EXISTING AND NEW BOOKINGS – MAXIMIZING FLEXIBILITY
In order to give our guests and partners increased comfort, Northern Lights Resort & Spa will offer the following revised terms and conditions for all existing bookings and all new bookings for the 2020/21 Aurora season:
- Any booking made 14+ days prior to arrival will now be held without payments. We reserve the right to revert to our standard provisional hold policy at our discretion.
- The full booking amount will be charged 14 days prior to arrival for all confirmed bookings.
- On cancellation of a confirmed reservation Northern Lights Resort & Spa will apply the following cancellation policy:
Between confirmation and the day of arrival
Credit to the value of all monies paid for future travel for any package deal within Northern Lights Resort & Spa portfolio
Cancellation during stay at the Resort
50% credit for any unused nights for future travel for any package deal within Northern Lights Resort & Spa portfolio
The above terms:
- Exclude all Groups (6 or more guests) and series bookings unless otherwise negotiated and agreed. Our standard cancellation policy for group reservations apply.
- Relate only to Northern Lights Resort & Spa owned and operated accommodation/tours services. Northern Lights Resort & Spa will endeavour to work with our partner properties to secure the most flexible terms possible. However, all amendments, reductions, refunds and cancellation policies of partner properties will be determined at the sole and unfettered discretion of the partner properties utilized in any itinerary.
These revised cancellation terms only apply to COVID-19 related reasons for cancellation, these include:
- The government in the guest’s country or province/state of residence restricts all but essential travel
- Travel restrictions are imposed on the destination by the guest country/province/state of residence
- The destinations the guest is travelling to are under official government sanctioned lock-down that prohibits guest from traveling.
- The destinations (Canada, Yukon Territory) have no formal lock-down but have closed their border either to international travellers or to travellers from the guest’s country of residence.
- International flights are cancelled with no alternative routing available for guest to use to reach the destination.
- The guest has contracted COVID-19 and under treatment or is in quarantine or under medical treatment up to the 30 days prior of travel. Northern Lights Resort & Spa reserves the right to ask for any reasonable evidence, written statements and or documents to support the reasons for cancellation that are given.
- Any reason for cancellation not listed above, Northern Lights Resort & Spa standard cancellation terms and conditions apply.
THINKING ABOUT CANCELLING YOUR EXISTING CONFIRMED BOOKING?
Electing to cancel a booking based on the current level of uncertainty is understandable but our advice to guests is not to do so. In order to accommodate this recognized Global Force Majeure event and the resulting varying worldwide travel restrictions, we have amended our terms to allow guests to postpone travel up to a year after the original travel date and carry forward 100% of the booking’s value* to the future booking. Should a guest elect to cancel the booking then our cancellation policy applies. We are communicating with all affected guests and trade partners to advise them on government restrictions on travel. Given the fluidity of global events, we recommend guests to wait until at least 2 month prior to travel to make a decision to postpone or continue travel.
- The booking value carried forward will be calculated as the full funds received on the booking, less any government mandated, regulatory imposed, or non-Northern Lights Resort & Spa owned or operated services, which have not matched our terms.
- At the time of deferment, we will clearly communicate what costs are not recoverable and deducted from the credit that can be used on the future booking.
- We continue to engage with our partners to align with the Covid-19 Northern Lights Resort & Spa revised Terms and Conditions.
- Confirmed 2020/21 rates will be honoured for new travel dates in 2021/22
- Should the future travel be for a booking of a different package, or availability of services means that the costs of the logistics, activities, or accommodation has increased, the traveller will be liable for the difference in costs associated with the new trip.
- Applied Special Offers may not be applicable on the new reservation.
As flexible as Northern Lights Resort & Spa is being in relation to future travel, we highly recommend that guests take out comprehensive travel insurance; including “cancel for any reason” (where still available) to ensure any funds lost can be recovered.
- Excluded, unless otherwise specified, are 3rd party partner properties and their services.
- Terms are valid for FIT travel and exclude all pre-negotiated Group or Series travel.
- Any variations from the above terms and conditions are at Northern Lights Resort & Spa’s discretion and Northern Lights Resort & Spa reserves the right to amend or withdraw the terms and conditions without prior notice.